‘cutouts’ violin solo [12 mins.] for Daniele Colombo
1. something cut out from something else, as a pattern cut out or intended to be cut out of paper.
2. a valve in the exhaust pipe of an internal-combustion engine, which when open permits the engine to exhaust directly into the air.
3. an act or instance of cutting out.
4. Slang. an intermediary, as in espionage.
5. a device for the manual or automatic interruption of electric current.
6. a usu. discontinued record album that is for sale at a discount.